Saturday, 31 January 2015
- This policy covers how FinData treats personal information that FinData
collects and receives, including information related to your past use of
FinData products and services. Personal information is information about you
that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or
phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that FinData does not
own or control, or to people that FinData does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- FinData collects personal information when you register with FinData, when
you use FinData products or services, when you visit FinData pages or the pages of certain FinData
partners. FinData may combine information about you that we have with
information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address,
address, city, country, etc. Once you register with
FinData and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- FinData collects information about your transactions with us and with some of
our business partners, including information about your use of products and
services that we offer.
- FinData automatically receives and records information on our server logs from
your browser, including your IP address, FinData cookie information, and the
page you request.
- FinData uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the
advertising and content you see, fulfil your requests for products and
services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide
anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
FinData does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with
other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services
you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following
We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with
FinData under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your
personal information to help FinData communicate with you about offers from
FinData and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any
independent right to share this information.
We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or
exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate,
prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud,
situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person,
We transfer information about you if FinData is acquired by or merged with
another company. In this event, FinData will notify you before information
FinData displays targeted advertisements based on personal information.
Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who
interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for
example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- FinData does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you
interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an
ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the
assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- FinData may set and access FinData cookies on your computer.
- FinData lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set
and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their
cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or
other companies do not have access to FinData's cookies.
- FinData uses web beacons to access FinData cookies inside and outside our
network of web sites and in connection with FinData products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your FinData Account Information, including your preferences, at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the
FinData service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and
the FinData Newsletter, that are considered part of your FinData account,
without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can delete your FinData account by visiting our Account Deletion page.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe
reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products
or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your FinData Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas FinData uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data
- FinData may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes
in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary
email address specified in your FinData account or by placing a prominent
notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- FinData is GeoTrust-certified. This certification applies to all
English-language sites under the findata.co.nz domain. If you feel that your
inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact GeoTrust, an
independent privacy organization. GeoTrust serves as a liaison with FinData to
resolve your concern.
- If you have questions or suggestions, please complete our feedback form.